Sunday, January 15, 2017

Catalina Island & Walvis Bay..... My Favorite Places

Walvis Bay, Namibia. I grew up in a town with a population of approximately 100,000 people. It is situated off of the South West Coast of Namibia (Africa). I lived with my grandmother and four siblings. It is always so much fun to go back home for the holidays...As they say "there is no place like home". Walvis Bay is a huge tourist attraction for many people around the world and is well known as the town where the desert and ocean meet, creating an environment that is abundant in nutrients and food for many wildlife.


                                       
                                         
                                                  (Photo of  a White Pelican and Greater Flamingo:
                                                                   Wikipedia Commons)


Santa Catalina Island, California. There are no words to describe how beautiful this island is! A 1hour boat ride away with the Catalina Express, with daily departures from San Pedro, my husband and I went to go visit a place unfamiliar to both of us. Scuba diving, fresh seafood, you name it. We went there for our honeymoon back in 2014 and it is definitely one of my favorite vacation spots. I find the history quite interesting, and the wildlife and its natural settings are something that one absolutely needs to explore. We rented a golf cart and toured the entire island, while stopping at local restaurants to try out authentic cuisine dishes and beverages. This place is a MUST on one's bucket list.






                               (Image Information: Photo of Catalina Island; photo from June 2014)












1 comment:

  1. One of my favorite things for this class is being able to read different peoples favorite places. Living in Namibia sounds like a lot of fun. I have never met anyone from there before! Catalina looks like a beautiful place. One of my favorite movies has a scene set in Catalina. It sounds like a great place to have a honeymoon. Scuba diving seems like a really fun adventure!
    I enjoyed the pictures that you included in this post! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete