Sunday, January 22, 2017

Time Strategies

Time Management

When tackling the heavy load of my work, classes, studying and managing everything else in my life, I realized how important it is to master the art of time management, yet I too often fall victim to these two words, until it is almost too late to get out of. I believe that I am quite organized, or at least that is how I start my year, but sometimes it is so difficult to follow my planned schedule, that I get overwhelmed and frustrated. It is at this point in time that I don't eve bother looking at my calendar.

I really enjoyed reading Peter Banerjea's post about time management. I often waste my time on less important tasks which means that I am unable to complete more important once to the best of my ability. Reading the article reminded me once again of how important it is to prioritize activities, taking it one step at a time. This will help me to improve my life and make it so much easier - helping to ease the pain of procrastination. I agree with Banerjea - starting is the most difficult part (for me) because I tend to overthink things, wanting it to be just perfect. Instead of just starting and jotting down the first thing that comes to mind (no matter what task I take on), I often find myself pondering.

Even though I have thought of  the "What will go wrong if I don't do this now?" question, reading it in this article, allowed me to view and understand it from a different perspective. Time does not stand still for anyone or anything. Not completing something in time will ultimately lead to consequences and reactions that can be avoided by simply DOING IT!


https://thepinayva.files.wordpress.com/2014/09/ac291ca20fb93e2844fce2bf3e2af18b.jpg

(Quote about time flies. Source: The Pinay Va)

No comments:

Post a Comment