Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Storybook Favorites


Storybook Favorites



Growing up by the ocean, and being a seafood lover, the picture immediately caught my eye – and although the picture looks very grandiose, the design and story line blends well together. I chose this story, because it immediately caught my interest and attention and it reminded me of how every action has a reaction. Furthermore, the design elements are interesting and portrays contrasting colors. This is definitely something to consider for my project and this story is by far the most interesting. Who would have thought of using the Finding Nemo movie to narrate a story. Well done to this author.  



                                                   (Sea turtle. Source: Kurma and Karma)


The real housewives of Atlanta are what pops up when I started reading this story. It is certainly not a show that I watch and have no knowledge about. The first few sentences in the introduction, reminds me of The Bachelor – The Women Tell All season finale and that intrigued me. I do not think that the image used in the introduction portrays the story well as it makes no real connection to the plot. However, I do think that it is very clever of the author to connect the story with a real-life television show – well done.

I chose this for my third story because we have a farm, I love nature and hunting and it reminds me of my African roots. The image used for this story is kind of strange, because it does not remind me of camping and campfires. It looks more like a mountain hiker who is camping due to a long day of walking. The title, on the other hand depicted exactly what the story entails. The author chose a simple design which makes it easy to scan through, but I think it is too simplistic. 

No comments:

Post a Comment