Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Reading Notes: Ramayana Public Domain Part A

 Vishvamitra:

I enjoyed reading the PDE Ramayana version of Vishvamitra. When I first started, it was not really easy to come up with ideas, so I had to re-read and go back to the Wikipedia links over and over to make sure that I understood each character. Below are some notes as to how I can create my own story.

1. Dasharatha (king)
  •  Has power to change people
  •  Denies Vishvamitra's request and tries to trick him by taking one of his soldiers and turning him into Rama.
  •  Rama can be a pregnant princess and that is why the king does not want to send her.(I will change Rama into a female).
  • -This did not work and Vishvamitra realized he was tricked. He became infuriated.
  • I can describe how Vishvamitra uses Rama to lure in the wicked demons. 
  • Dragon? Horse with human head?

2. Vishvamitra
  •  I can change his clothes
  •   Give him powers of night vision or body heat that can detect danger

3. Random notes:
  •  I can write about the time leading up to the killing of the demons
  •  Write about what the demons (rakshasa) look like 
  • What is the significance of "flowers rained down upon them from the sky"?

File:Vishwamitra archery training-1.jpg

(Rama and Lakshmana practicing with their bow and arrow. Source: Wikipedia Commons)


Bibliography: Ramayana Public Domain Edition- Vishvamitra

No comments:

Post a Comment