Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Reading Notes: Ramayana Public Domain , Part C

Sugriva and Hanuman:

I am so glad that I chose this version to read. It is very interesting how these stories / epics are unfolding and it is amazing how all these characters intertwine with one another. For this week's note taking I decided to only focus on one story instead of two or three.

This story is probably by far the most interesting one that I have read thus far. I like how Sugriva disguised himself -very clever. I could use this part of the story and change it. Maybe he changed himself into another animal? A bird that follows them deep into a forest and to keep an eye on them?


* Sugriva- younger brother of Vali, whom he succeeded as ruler of the monkey kingdom of Kishkindha. Rumā was his wife. He was son of Surya, the Hindu deity of sun.

* Hanuman - ardent devotee of Rama

* Pampa - lake

* Wind god - AKA Vayu. Lord of the winds, the father of Bhima and the spiritual father of Hanuman.


(Man ripping his chest open. Source: Wikipedia)


Bibliography:Ramayana Public Domain Edition. Link to reading part C



No comments:

Post a Comment