Sunday, March 5, 2017

Reading Notes: Devdutt Pattanaik -Part F

For the extra credit reading option, I decided to read the notes, instead of watching the video. I would highly recommend watching the video and reading the notes, as this information is a lot to absorb. The videos definitely help, so I might go back and watch the video to get a better idea of what is going on. This is the final section of the reading and I would highly recommend it to others!

* How interesting is it that neither the creator, preserver or destroyer is ranked the same.
* Brahma sounds super overprotective of his daughter and this could be turned into a really good story, if I decide to write about it.
* Even the part where Shiva uses Brhama's head as a drinking bowl, could be turned into a horror story.
* I wonder why they reference that karma "determines all things over which we have no control: our bodies, our parents, the circumstances of our life." This seems unsettling to me - as if some spirit controls one's body. I absolutely disagree with this reference.


Graha Deities. Source: Wikipedia 
 
Reading Link To Devdutt Pattanaik -Part F (Brahma)


No comments:

Post a Comment