Tuesday, March 7, 2017

Week 8 Reflections; Writing

Reflection Upon My Writing:

When this class first started, I had no idea how much writing was involved, but reality soon struck me. I was scared, because I have never written anything in the style / form that was required of me, but as the weeks went by, I became more comfortable. Throughout the semester, we have been given many writing opportunities in this class, which I now have to admit - is pretty fun and different. Taking this class not only allows me to learn new things about writing (and myself), but it also helps me to focus on my weaker aspects of writing and learn from my mistakes. I love the weekly reading assignments and I feel like freestyle as a form of writing is highly encouraged in this class. I noticed throughout my writing process that I will jot down a couple of ideas, write my story without paying too much attention to grammar and then use the rough draft to make a beautiful story. 

For this assignment, I read my first story "The Boy Who Craved A Pie" and my most current story "Vyasa And The Bean Stalk" and can see a major difference in my writing style - how I improved on grammar, the tone of my papers, etc and it is a really good feeling to know that I am improving as a writer. This will not only help me in college, but in my professional career as well. I am excited to continue the weekly writing and possibly experiment new techniques in the coming weeks.






"Let Your Words Flow" Source: Staticflickr

No comments:

Post a Comment