Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Reading Notes: The Story Of Lady Amba




* I find it interesting that Bhishma had to find a wife for his brother to secure the succession. I wonder if this was like a rule or something? What made them think that it will definately secure the spot?

* Bidden - order / direct / enter a bid. So were they actually like bidding on them like in an auction?

* Prowess - skill / expertise in a certain field.

* Retinue - a group of advisers accompanying an important person.

* Reading this story, it immediately reminds me of African traditions where the princesses are clothed in expensive, beautiful clothing, etc and the men have to fight for their lady. I can use this element to create a story. I can base my characters in another continent and keep the same plot. This might be a fun story to write.








Lady Amba. Source: Wikipedia

Bibliography; Myths About The Hindus And Buddhists by Sister Nivedita. Reading Link To The Story Of Lady Amba. 

No comments:

Post a Comment