Monday, March 6, 2017

Wikipedia Trail: From Zen To Tang Dynasty

1. Zen
Zen is a school associated with Buddhism. It originated in China and was higly influenced by Taoism. Zen's roots also go way back to Dhyana among the Indian community.

2. Taoism
There is a difference between Tao and Taoism. Taoism denotes the idea that everything in the universe exists and has an immense influence on people all over the world.

3. Confucianism
Confucianism is different than Taoism and it highly influences China, Hong Kong, Japan, etc. There is so much to learn about this, tat I will have to go back and read more about this concept. I once had a professor who was a Buddhist and he used to talk a lot about this.

4. Tang Dynasty
The Li family founded the Tang Dynasty and was considered a period of firmness, strength. The Wikipedia article about the Tang Dynasty has so much information and it is quite confusing. I am glad that I picked the topic of Zen to strart with, but I feel like I did not get as good information as I would have hoped for. 

No comments:

Post a Comment