Wednesday, March 8, 2017

Week 8 Growth Mindset; My Reflection



Graduating this year and only needing six more credit hours to complete my degree, I did not know what class to sign up for. I discovered the Indian Epics class and although I read the class description, I did not quite know what to expect. The first week I was all frazzled, because it was the first time ever for me to work with Canvas. I was able to learn it quickly, which made it so much easier to navigate through the course. Reflecting back on my very first growth mindset post, and how I grew personally - both in my writing and in other aspects of my life, I am amazed to see the difference. I am reminded once again of Carol Dwek's post and how the mind affects and is affected by everything that we do and growing one's mindset is something that can be accomplished everyday. I believe that this class is a great learning experience and it allows me every opportunity to grow a positive mindset.

Sometimes I find myself sticking to what I know, because it is the safe way, but as this course continues, I am able to explore alternative options and have learned a lot about time management, my writing habits and not being afraid to learn new techniques in my writing. These techniques will definitely come in handy for other classes and in the future. Procrastination is still a concern that I have and sometimes is very frustrating - which makes me choose the easy way out or not giving 100% attention to it. I will continue to work on it and push myself to go further. I still have a fixed mindset on certain aspects and I am confident that I can improve on my weaknesses and challenge myself to be better.




Hand Holding A Plant. Source:Staticflickr

No comments:

Post a Comment