Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Reading Notes: How The Princes Learned To Shoot

How The Princess Learned To Shoot:

* Bhishma - Archer & warrior. His name means 'fearsome'.
* Vexation - state of being annoyed or frustrated.
*  This story reminds me of the princess and the frog. I might be able to incorporate elements of that story to recreate my own. This story gives me a lot of room to play with and create something interesting.
* I wonder why the boys wanted the Brahman to prove his word?
* I can use the grass and turn it into another weapon form.
* My story can also be transformed and the Brahman can be a young boy living in the forest and he will be recruited as the mighty and fearsome teacher. I will be changing gender roles - making the princes into princesses.

I am excited about the story that I will be writing and have a lot of inspiration.


A Picture Of a Princes Learning To Shoot. Source: Publicdomainpictures

Bibliography; Myths About The Hindus And Buddhists by Sister Nivedita. Reading link to How The Princes Learned To Shoot.


2 comments:

  1. Hi Vera, just a quick note: the reading is about the princes (plural of prince) learning to shoot, not a princess (daughter of king; plural: princesses). But if you did a story where you turn the Pandava princes into Pandava princesses, that could be really cool for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning Laura,

    Thank you - I corrected it now. :-)

    ReplyDelete