Saturday, February 4, 2017

Famous Last Words: A Week Gone By Fast

A Week Gone By Fast 

This week went  by so fast and the fact that we had a grace period with no homework due, really helped me to focus on other aspects of my weekly duties. I enjoyed this week's reading and found the stories to flow very well, but I am still stuck on the extra credit reading; Pattanaik's Narayan, part B- What Dies Is Always Reborn.

I think part of the reason why I am stuck on this, is because Pattanaik mentions in the article that "the Greeks did not believe in rebirth. Neither do Christians and Muslims". This is true and it is stated in the Bible that the human body decays to dust but that one's soul and spirit will continue on in either of two ways; Heaven or hell. Hindus believe in a cycle, known as Samara, which is like reincarnation, where an individual's soul is reincarnated into another body (all due to karma). It is the idea that souls last forever - they never die. Is this because they are scared of death? Or is it the fact that their souls have nowhere to go after death? Are they rebelling death? Who came up with the idea of reincarnation and karma? Are there some Hindus who believe otherwise? I have so many questions and it will be interesting to find out what the answers are. Am I trying to overthink this story? I personally do not believe in karma, because God is the ultimate decider of my outcomes. I find it so so interesting and the more I read the weekly stories, the more I try to comprehend the Hindu / Buddhist religion, while keeping an open mind.

1. This week I did better with catching up on assignments and I am all caught up with business related tasks that had to be completed in a timely manner. I am proud of myself that I am able to take on so many tasks, while being a mother.

2. I still find that I am procrastinating a little bit on assignments that is lengthier. I will try to work on this. I will be making a checklist for myself in order to stay on track with personal obligations.


No comments:

Post a Comment