Saturday, February 4, 2017

Reading Notes: Part B- Narayan

What Dies Is Always Reborn

Bhuddists view regarding death, is the idea that all of us will pass away when our time comes, but it is the flesh that dies - not the spirit. the spirit is the one thing that will remain and continue to grow. where the spirit goes off to, is all determined by karma. 

This is the first time that I decided to read the story and listen to the Youtube video, which made it much more interesting. The story reminds me of sleeping beauty and I can incorporate a few elements from it, to rewrite the Ganesha story.  We are all made by the same God, the creator of heaven and earth, but yet, this notion that the Greeks and Christians did not belief in rebirth and that it does not exist for Hindus, still remains true today. 

A few pointers that I will mention, that stood out to me is the following:
* Sleep on milk. What does it signify? I would love to look more into it

* the word entropies is something that I have never heard of. I looked the word up and it is something related to physics or "gradual decline into order"

In the video they talk about time. Again time, life and death are interconnected here and all play an important role. I found an interesting article about time importance in the Hindu religion.

* I can not stop thinking about what was mentioned in the video: "Does our world exist when we are asleep". This will make a fun story. Maybe i can create a dream story about this??



(The Concept of Time In Hindu Religion. Source: Hindu website)
Bibliography: reading link to Devdutt Pattanaik  Part B:Narayan

No comments:

Post a Comment