Thursday, February 16, 2017

Reading Notes: Devdutt Pattanaik -Part D

Shiva and Devi

 I enjoy reading the extra stories and this week, Shiva's secret continues, while they also focus on Devi's secret. Shiva continues to be portrayed as a mean character in the story where he beheads his father-in-law. I mean, who does that!? I is also interesting to note that he changes roles and becomes the householder. I clicked on the wikipedia link for the Sri Yantra and discovered that it is all about a balancing act.

The most fascinating part that I have read thus far is when they talk about the multicoloured sea and sand caused by Kanyakumari's make-up. I would have never thought of making such a comparison. This will make a very interesting story! The section of Devi's secret focuses alot on females, mothers and their role in society. I also enjoyed reading this and is not failiar at all with Devi's history.




Man Carrying a Corpse. Source: Wikipedia

 Bibliography: Link To Reading Guide By Devdutt Pattanaik





No comments:

Post a Comment