Friday, February 24, 2017

Reading Notes: Devdutt Pattanaik -Part E

For this week's extra credit reading option, I decided to focus on Devdutt Pattanaik -Vishnu. I kind of feel out of touch with the story, because it has been a week since I have read the previous chapter, so I will have to refresh my memory again.

Animal sacrifices are practiced all over the world and is exemplified in the bible as well. I found it interesting that Hindus believe that their gods above have a magical cow. It is amazing how we often take things for granted and don't think about the importance of certain things. It gave me a different perspective when they describe the cow running away when mistreated. Yes, we really do mistreat earth and all the abundant natural resources given to us, but how else are we suppose to survive? I think I am looking too deep into this and the fact that it's explainable is kind of frustrating.  Demand and supply is and always will be an issue! I might try to incorporate a few of the story's ideas into my own story. I enjoyed reading this section.

Picture Of The Earth Cow. Source: Wikipedia

Reading Link to Devdutt Pattanaik -Part E (Vishnu)

No comments:

Post a Comment