Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Reading Notes: Myths of Hindus and Buddhists, Ramayana Part B

Hanuman Burns Lanka:


I enjoy this week’s reading much more, because the stories are shorter. On the other hand, not having reading note links / guides is a downfall and some of the wording is very dated and dialogue style writing is very prominent. The reading content is the same as the PDE version, but having short stories such as these helps me as a reader. 

This was an interesting story and Hanuman sure is an interesting character. I wonder what went through Sita's mind when she heard of his burning tail.
I will take this story and use some of its words to write a poem. I also like how they talk about "perceiving that the fire still burnt, but that his tail was icy-cold" (p.73).

(Hanuman Flying Away With A Burning Tail. Source:Wikimedia)

Bibliography: Reading Link To Myths of Hindus and Buddhists: Ramayana By Sister Nivedita

No comments:

Post a Comment